Sunday, May 18, 2008

Me & My World Chunky Book Swap


This chunky book swap was hosted by Jessie Scherf in NSW Australia. The format was different from most chunky book swaps I have done. The pages are 5.5 x 11 and rather than do the back & front of one page, we have two pages face to face, the left page to be some journaling about your life, where you live, etc. and the right hand page is your art work.


I painted all of the art work pages and oddly.....the first 4 ended up in colors I rarely use, such as orange. I had 2 friends over for an art day & they really Liked the colors, so I decided to step Outside of "me & my world" & try to work with the new bolder color. Greens are usually my choice, but in looking for images I found the peacock which pulled my comfortable greens back in, some blue which I used on alcohol ink stained tyvek which was another requirement on the page (tyvek) and had enough orange to make it fit. I don't know if I'm thrilled with the pages............but I Am happy to have pulled in some out of the usual color for me. :-)

No comments: