Monday, November 8, 2010

Heart Swap for Carol Sweeney 2010

I am posting in between cruise pix now.....as Embarassingly, this was a swap that was Due, July 31!!!! I am SO Late. It was a one for one swap in a group I belong to. When I found out who my swap would go to, I had an idea. My friend Carol is a Prolific artist! Not to Speak of her Blog! As she tries more & more new techniques, she always posts all of her steps to her blog. I'm always Amazed!

I wanted to do something for her that would lead her maybe to something new to find different new techniques. So I decided to make an altered book. I had stumbling blocks along the way...........figuring out how to cut the book on my new scroll saw Dave got me for Christmas Three Years Ago! This was the first time I used it. And I LOVE it!

Then I painted it..........the gesso I first used wouldn't cover. I finally Borrowed Golden Gesso from my friend Debbie so I could continue. Then.......I painted the covers & didn't like the colors. I finally adjusted them enough I did like them.......then my mind just went Blank. The book sat for weeks.

I have to say I am SO Happy to finally have it finished. I did the front & back covers and inside both. Now it is up to Carol to play with altering the inside. And/or for that matter, changing the covers completely. I wouldn't mind that. I did make one for myself also so maybe she & I could motivate each other to add to them. :-) So it was kind of a Challenge swap. ;-) I do hope she likes it.



















4 comments:

Carol said...

Looks fabulous!!! I haven't done an altered book before, so this will be challenging and fun! Headed home tomorrow and wondering if it will be waiting for me?!?! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Chris in Oz said...

WOW!!! The book looks awesome. What a great idea. I was going to say that Carol will love it, but I guess she already beat me to the punch.

Hugz......

Pretty Widow said...

I saw pictures of the class on Tim's blog. Wasn't it a tad claustrophobic? I had the luxury of taking three workshops with Tim at Scrapbook Territory a few years ago. I think there were maybe 24 students? Still the best teacher i've ever had! The stuff you made looks great!

Rena Sawatski said...

Wow, I can see why Carol was so pleased with the altered heart book. I can't imagine her wanting to change the cover as it is beautiful.